1/30/09

Bubba the Love Sponge Takes On the Gay Agenda

January 30, 2009 by James Hipps

Bubba the Love Sponge Takes On the Gay Agenda

As I was driving towards my office this morning, I heard a popular radio personality, Bubba the Love Sponge, use the word “fag” while advertising an event.  Being an activist for equality, I recognize the dangers and harm that are caused by the use of this word, as it perpetuates hate and bigotry.  The use of such words, especially by someone who is listened to nationwide, also sends a message to others that it is OK to use the word.  I find the word to be a derogatory term, whether or not the intent was or not, especially since so many have been beaten and killed while being called this word.

I decided not to let this one slide, so I called to lodge a complaint with the program manager, and found myself live on the show.  Listen to what he had to say to my objection by clicking the play button below.

PLAY (the original post from gayagenda.com)

What’s your opinion?

No comments: